Friday 21 October 2011

The Ramsbottom Rake Hill Climb

As the second hill climb I have  ever competed in,  it was most certainly one of the steepest hills I have EVER cycled up, despite living in the lake district! On the steepest part of the course people were running faster than I could cycle - truly demoralising! I still managed to complete it in 3 minuites 47.4 seconds which was good considering I had never been up the hill before, so lacked the knowledge of where to use my effort and where to back off a little. I know next year the national hill climb championships are on the same course and I would like to really improve my time. The atmosphere was amazing with the load speakers, commentary and many locals supporting the event and shouting as I climbed! I’m really looking forward to the national hill climb championships next weekend because the gradient is only 4% which I hope will suit me better.

Eve x

No comments:

Post a Comment