Saturday 3 November 2012

The ups and downs of bike racing

I've not Blogged for a while so I've put together a short blog on the a few moments in the past couple of months.

This year I have had a few disasters, getting tonsillitis, Naseby and crashing at Newport Nocturne! I really questioned whether bike racing was for me, but I've carried on riding my local race league and enjoying cycling. Out of cycling I have had more success in finishing my A-levels and getting a full time job as a trainee quantity surveyor.

I think my favourite moment this season has to have been in a 3rds/4ths Men’s race. I was unsure if I could race due to been a junior second cat women, so at signing on I asked if I could take part. This was met by some sniggering, although I was told it would be fine for me to race and as I left I realised I had forgotten my numbers! This caused another chuckle. The commissaire then said if I stayed in the bunch I would get £10 back at the end of the race. This was met with another laugh from all of the others. In the end I finished tenth overall and there was no chuckling when I received my £10!

More recently I have rode a few hill climbs for fun and would like to say a massive well done to Lynn Hammel yet again the National Hill Climb Champion as well as breaking her own record on the climb!

I’m starting back on winter training doing track league and preparing for 2013, so would like to leave you with a few pictures of the past season:


Made the selection in elite womens race in Belgium


Attacking up a typical cobbled climb in Belgium



On the attack again, Surf & Turf 2
day stage 3 edrollasonphotography.co.uk
Me and Anna Fischer off the front in the criterium - Surf
and Turf 2 day, stage 2 edrollasonphotography.co.uk



Scottish National Crit Champs
The Newport Nocturne, going well before my
big crash!





Climbing 'The Rake' edrollasonphotography.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment