Tuesday 10 April 2012

Eagle RC Team Series Race – Hog Hill

I started the race at the very back of a bunch of 76 riders, not the place to be..! Fortunately I managed to make my way to the front in the first lap and tried an attack. This was brought back and a few more attacks went. The bunch stayed largely together, although the attacks made the race a bit harder – just my sort of race!
With 4 laps to go, a Mule Bar girl attacked and got away. I was in the middle of the bunch, so could not react myself and willed the others to chase, but it never materialised. She got a16 seconds on the bunch very quickly and coming into the last lap it seemed we were racing for second.  Unfortunately for the rider off the front, she punctured. I had moved up and was 4th wheel as the sprint opened out. I managed to sprint past two and hold off the others for 2nd place following Emily Barnes who took the win! Another good race for me (especially considering the problems I had on the course during the Essex Giro with punctures last year) and can't wait for our week in Holland/Belgium!

No comments:

Post a Comment