Monday 31 October 2011

Junior Womens National Hill Climb Champion 2011

Having chocolate profiteroles the day before a hill climb is not the best preparation but it seemed to work for me! This hill climb was 4.44 miles on an average gradient of 3% and time trial equipment seemed to be the preference for most cyclists. There were a lot of fancy bikes around so I was a bit apprehensive that my Cannondale and Mavic extra light wheels would be enough. However, it seemed to work with my style of hill climbing. Setting off I measured my effort not trying to go too hard but still trying to smile at the camera men! The atmosphere on route was brilliant seeing lots of cyclists out to watch the event and spectators at every corner. I was feeling reasonably good coming up to the finish I picked it up for a sprint knowing every second counts (which proves on the results, only being 2 seconds behind my nearest competitor). After the event I was left thinking that I would be 8th woman overall and later found out I had actually won the Junior Women’s prize!
Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment